That's that fucked then...
I slid out of my bed at 7:00am this morning and slunked to the bathroom, shit, showered and shaved in preparation for my new job. At 7:30 I hauled my bike downstairs and began the five mile cycle through the Edinburgh traffic to my new workplace.
Once there I parked my bike, walked to the paper shop, bought my copy of MCN and stood outside smoking like a protesting Buddhist to kill the spare hour I had due to being there way too early. (I didn't know how long it would take me to cycle five miles. I'm overweight, unfit, have asthma and smoke very heavily.)
After a cigarette intake that would make the most hardened laboratory Beagle sit up and say "Holy shit man, are you sponsored by Phillip Morris?" I shuffled into the new workplace and was greeted by the friend who had suggested me to the owner.
My friend explained the gig and I set about getting ready for the day ahead. During conversation my friend asked if I'd signed off the dole and I replied that I had. "You do know that this is only a part time job. You're only needed for three days a week." My friend revealed.
So now I'm faced with having to go back to the dole to sign back on and will have to tell the employer that I'm unable to work due to the lack of hours.
Bugger.
"Hey Slaphead; Got a light?"
Once there I parked my bike, walked to the paper shop, bought my copy of MCN and stood outside smoking like a protesting Buddhist to kill the spare hour I had due to being there way too early. (I didn't know how long it would take me to cycle five miles. I'm overweight, unfit, have asthma and smoke very heavily.)
After a cigarette intake that would make the most hardened laboratory Beagle sit up and say "Holy shit man, are you sponsored by Phillip Morris?" I shuffled into the new workplace and was greeted by the friend who had suggested me to the owner.
My friend explained the gig and I set about getting ready for the day ahead. During conversation my friend asked if I'd signed off the dole and I replied that I had. "You do know that this is only a part time job. You're only needed for three days a week." My friend revealed.
So now I'm faced with having to go back to the dole to sign back on and will have to tell the employer that I'm unable to work due to the lack of hours.
Bugger.

Comments
Salagatle!
I presume you've signed off started a job jacked and signed back on again won't they state you've made yourself unemployed and knock you back for a giro?
I can keep the job but won't earn enough to pay my rent etc... Therefor I need to sign back on and lose the job.
Cupcake,
The job was supposed to be full time but the new chef decided that he doesn't need someone full time. It's no fault of my friends.
G Dawg,
You can get a rapid reclaim if the job description is different to that which you expected.