Shiny shiny shiny...
So, there I was sitting at my desk watching A Clockwork Orange on DVD when the phone rang. In my usual style I picked it up and said the first thing that popped into my head.
"Bonjour, l'hotel grand." I said, in my best French accent. (Which to be honest sounds a bit like Peter Sellars as Inspector Clouseau.)
"Hello, can I speak to Ross Douglas." The voice on the other end of the phone said.
"Speaking." I said, somewhat warily as I'm still wanted by the police in london.
"This is ***** at the ******** ****** hotel. I've just received your application for the position of barman and I was wondering if you could come in for a little chat." The voice continued.
"Sure, when would be the best time?" I said.
"How about Thursday? Is that Ok with you?" The voice continued.
"Thursday's fine with me. What time?" I asked.
"How about 5pm?" Said the voice.
"Sure, I'll be there." I said and put the phone down.
Wish me luck. I'll need it.
"Bonjour, l'hotel grand." I said, in my best French accent. (Which to be honest sounds a bit like Peter Sellars as Inspector Clouseau.)
"Hello, can I speak to Ross Douglas." The voice on the other end of the phone said.
"Speaking." I said, somewhat warily as I'm still wanted by the police in london.
"This is ***** at the ******** ****** hotel. I've just received your application for the position of barman and I was wondering if you could come in for a little chat." The voice continued.
"Sure, when would be the best time?" I said.
"How about Thursday? Is that Ok with you?" The voice continued.
"Thursday's fine with me. What time?" I asked.
"How about 5pm?" Said the voice.
"Sure, I'll be there." I said and put the phone down.
Wish me luck. I'll need it.
Comments
Good luck bro.
Salagatle!
And good guess that it was a hotel phoning you... :-)
Good luck with the interview.. knock em dead.. =)
Byeeee
Thanks for the comments. They warm the heart of a hateful curmudgeon.
Just kidding. :P
I should hear in a couple of weeks when the other dude returns from banging small thai children...
Ho ho.
The reason Aunty P was so cranky was because of the "I should hear in a couple of weeks when the other dude returns from banging small thai children..." comment I left the last time.
I did try to explain that it was just a joke but for some reason she doesn't think it's funny...
Parents huh?