I hate to do this...
But, I'm going to have to put up the top five list of heartbreak songs that Lyndsay "With an I" Broon asked me about on Saturday night at the Bainfield.
How's that for a film title?
Saturday Night at the Bainfield... Starring... Several hundred old farts so close to shuffling off this mortal coil that Death itself has an honorary membership...
But, I digress. As I was saying before my twisted mind coughed out a small comic phlegm-gem, the Top Five list of heartbreak songs.
Samaritans website.
How's that for a film title?
Saturday Night at the Bainfield... Starring... Several hundred old farts so close to shuffling off this mortal coil that Death itself has an honorary membership...
But, I digress. As I was saying before my twisted mind coughed out a small comic phlegm-gem, the Top Five list of heartbreak songs.
- Thank You - Led Zeppelin.
- Suppers Ready - Genesis.
- Man Needs a Maid - Neil Young.
- Heart of Gold - Neil Young.
- Foolish Games - Jewel.
- Starry Eyed Surprise - Paul Oakenfold.
- Love Shack - The B52's.
- From Rusholme with Love - Mint Royale.
- Viva Las Vegas - The Dead Kennedys.
- Wild Thing - Tone Loc.
Samaritans website.
Comments
Anyhow you missed the saddest song on earth ever. Dance With My Father. You want Heartbreak? Think of your Daddy being gone and listen to that!
Aw shit. I'm away to cry!
The reason the post was titled "I hate to do this" is because I didn't want to post something about heartbreak. I am, and have been for ages, feeling great and not sad or depressed in any way.
Manc_Lover (Heather)
I had no idea that Rusholme was close to where you lived. It just goes to show you, you live and learn.
Graham,
There is a picture of me in my boxers on flickr if that's what floats your boat.
You should hear Johnny Cash's version of "In my life." It'll fuck you up.