There's something disturbing about...
Finding out that your front door can be opened without a key.
As I left the house to go to work I pulled the door closed behind me. There was a strange clicking sound and I looked to see that the door wasn't properly closed. I pulled it shut again with slightly more force and lo and behold, it closed and locked.
I gave the door a small push. The door swung open.
"What the fuck?" I said, (quite loudly for someone who is alone and standing outside their own house.) I pulled the door closed and made sure that I pulled firmly enough to engage the lock. Once again I gave the door a small push. Open Sesame!
I pondered just how long my front door has been openable by the smallest amount of force.
"Maybe it's been like that since I moved in here... Maybe it's due to the door shrinking due to differences in temperature... Maybe the house across the road from me is being used by CIA undercover operatives to spy on me and they've rigged it so they can gain entry to my home without damaging the door or it's surrounds... OH MY GOD! They're onto me! My plan to take over the world is useless now, I need to call Heinrich in Havana and let him know... We have to get out!" I thought.
Then it occurred to me that I didn't know anyone named Heinrich who lives in Havana.
The mystery deepens...
As I left the house to go to work I pulled the door closed behind me. There was a strange clicking sound and I looked to see that the door wasn't properly closed. I pulled it shut again with slightly more force and lo and behold, it closed and locked.
I gave the door a small push. The door swung open.
"What the fuck?" I said, (quite loudly for someone who is alone and standing outside their own house.) I pulled the door closed and made sure that I pulled firmly enough to engage the lock. Once again I gave the door a small push. Open Sesame!
I pondered just how long my front door has been openable by the smallest amount of force.
"Maybe it's been like that since I moved in here... Maybe it's due to the door shrinking due to differences in temperature... Maybe the house across the road from me is being used by CIA undercover operatives to spy on me and they've rigged it so they can gain entry to my home without damaging the door or it's surrounds... OH MY GOD! They're onto me! My plan to take over the world is useless now, I need to call Heinrich in Havana and let him know... We have to get out!" I thought.
Then it occurred to me that I didn't know anyone named Heinrich who lives in Havana.
The mystery deepens...
Comments
Do as your Momma says and get the door fixed!
Kev
Caught up with myself, sun see sand and lots of beaches, wedding in a couple of days, I am best man, not groom !!!! so don't panic ladies, see you all soon. Keep smiling Tootsie, Keep Writing Ross, Keep in Touch from USA Jenny and love to all the rest, including the Mom