Rude awakening.
There's nothing quite like a nice long lie in your bed. And this morning I had nothing quite like a long lie in my bed.
At 7am the sun came streaming through my bedroom window and shocked me into awakening from a rather nice lucid dream, which for some reason I can't recall at the moment. Perhaps I'll remember the details of it later. Perhaps not, who knows?
I've been lucid dreaming every night for the last week and I'm sure that the reason for this is that I have not been smoking myself into a ganja induced coma before I hit the sheets. If this is the case I think I'll stop smoking as much ganja as I do on a regular basis. Lucidity in my dreams is far more fun than sleeping the sleep of the dead.
In one of the lucid dreams I've had in the last week I discovered that I could fly like a bird. Though not exactly like a bird, they have to flap their wings. All I had to do was to think, with total commitment and belief, that I could fly and lo and behold... We have lift off.
If you've no idea what lucid dreaming is then please feel free to read your way through these links.
http://www.dreamviews.com/
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Lucid_Dreaming
http://www.ld4all.com/
Now I'm off back to my bed to walk in the dream world.
At 7am the sun came streaming through my bedroom window and shocked me into awakening from a rather nice lucid dream, which for some reason I can't recall at the moment. Perhaps I'll remember the details of it later. Perhaps not, who knows?
I've been lucid dreaming every night for the last week and I'm sure that the reason for this is that I have not been smoking myself into a ganja induced coma before I hit the sheets. If this is the case I think I'll stop smoking as much ganja as I do on a regular basis. Lucidity in my dreams is far more fun than sleeping the sleep of the dead.
In one of the lucid dreams I've had in the last week I discovered that I could fly like a bird. Though not exactly like a bird, they have to flap their wings. All I had to do was to think, with total commitment and belief, that I could fly and lo and behold... We have lift off.
If you've no idea what lucid dreaming is then please feel free to read your way through these links.
http://www.dreamviews.com/
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Lucid_Dreaming
http://www.ld4all.com/
Now I'm off back to my bed to walk in the dream world.
Comments
I'd highly recommend reading through the links at the bottom of the post to find out more and how to induce lucid dreaming.
Maybe I'll try some of the other techniques sometime...right now, I've just woken up and realised I'm still at work...now there's a reality check for you.