Out of Africa.
We've spent the last three days at Pilanesberg national park. Situated in the middle of what used to be a volcano, Pilanesberg is the most amazing thing I have ever seen. We arrived there on Tuesday afternoon and set up the caravan in the camping grounds within the park boundary.
I lost count of the amount of wildlife that we saw. Fortunately Steve kept a running total.
Sadly we didn't get to see any of the big cats, lions etc, but I'd much rather have not seen them in the wild than stuck behind bars in a zoo.
I lost count of the amount of wildlife that we saw. Fortunately Steve kept a running total.
- Elephants- 33+
- giraffe- 10+
- wildebeest- 10+
- Zebra- 10+
- Impala- too many to count but at a guess I'd say in the 60+ range.
- Hartebeast- 10+
- Kudu- 10+
- black backed Jackal- 2
- Ostrich- 2
- Springbok- 10+
- Vervet monkey- 10+
- Waterbuck- 10
- Warthog- 8
- Eland- 6
- White rhino- 7
- hippopotomus- 7
Sadly we didn't get to see any of the big cats, lions etc, but I'd much rather have not seen them in the wild than stuck behind bars in a zoo.
Comments