Like a rolling stone.

I have a headache like you wouldn't believe right now. Man, is it a doozy. If I were to try to describe it to you I would no doubt have to use words like Thumping, Violent, Insistant and Vehement. I trust you get the idea?

I have spent the last day and a half lying down, either in my bed or on the sofa, cursing whatever chemical reaction in my brain has caused this relentless thumping in my cranium.

I should have been at work on Thursday and Friday but with a head like this I aint going nowhere. Fuck that. Dealing with work is bad enough at normal times let alone when I am ill. At times like these the best place for me to be is in my bed, or out of the public domain at least.

OK, I know, You're sitting there thinking "This guy's a goddamned faggot if a headache can make him take two days off of work." but allow me to let you in on a few things about me.

Pain aint shit to me if it is of the basic type. You know...
  • stubbed toe on table leg,
  • smack in the mouth,
  • date refusal,
  • little kid kicking you in the nuts,
  • crashing a motorcycle,
  • dislocating your knees,
  • standing in a place where there aint room enough to stand,
  • hitting your nail instead of the nail with the hammer,
  • trapped finger in car door...
Etc etc etc... That kind of pain I can deal with no problem but when I get a headache, forget all the brave looks and the swallowing of pride, I'm as helpless as a kitten in a chinese restaurant.

If I had a partner no doubt I would not be sitting here typing out my misery. I'd be lying down with a moist towel on my brow with a cup of hot lemon on the bedside table (next to a small porcalain bell that I can chime should I need anything from the kitchen/24 hour garage/Asda) but i'm single and do not have the luxury of a personal illness slave. If I want sympathy i'll have to look it up in the dictionary. It's between Shit and Syphilus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Open for questions.

On the subject of...

Shiny shiny shiny...