Search This Blog

3/25/2005

Dance Katie Bairdie.

The mystery deepens.

After receiving the strange E-Mails #1 #2 #3 from "Katie Bairdie" I'm still of the mind that this is a very elaborate ruse to play a trick on me.

I've spoken to "Katie" on my messenger a couple of times since our last mail to each other. And as much as I'd like to say the game is up and I now know who "Katie" is I cannot. 'cos I still don't know for certain if this is a real person or a stig sent to dupe me.

I have been trying all day to figure out just why someone from the net would be so damn keen to talk to me. Still can't. I'm feeling a little like Alice In Wonderland. I'm tumbling down the rabbit hole with no idea what awaits me at the bottom...

One thing that got me wondering was "How far would you go to wind up a friend on the net?" So in the spirit of Inspector Clouseau I asked my mate Andy Dougall the same question.
"Dougall, how far would you go to wind up a friend on the net?" I said.
"As far as I needed." He replied, confirming that it was not only I that thought that way.
"Would you spend a couple of days at it? If it was necessary?" I Asked.
"Fuck aye. If I really wanted to get someone I'd spend a couple of weeks on it mate."

I explained to Andy the situation and he also thought that I was being had.

This really has me wondering. I know it's sad that I've been fixating on this problem like it was the Worlds oil reserves and I'm the American Government but I really do have a lot of time on my hands and need to fill them in somehow. Doing this keeps me away from model aircrafts. A good thing all round I'd say.

Where it is all leading will no doubt be a spectacular disappointment to me. I'm that certain that "Katie" is the product of skewed humor. Whatever. It has certainly given me something to write about.

I will of course be keeping all my faithful readers updated. Haha. Faithful readers... Sure. Righty ho.

No comments: