Search This Blog

3/23/2005

Me thinks I'm being had...

I just got this E-mail...
Hi Ross,

Hope you don't mind me e mailing like this. I came across your site by accident and wanted to say I really enjoyed it. You're a talented guy.

I really liked some of your views on life and the poems are really nice, very moving and creative.

I am currently studying english which I know is a bit boring but I am a writer as well and it helps with that. Comedy is not my thing though, it's more thought on current issues and I would like to get into biography writing eventually, at least I think I do.....but there's a lot of options out there!

I know this is a bit forward of me but I think you and I are a lot alike...obviously I'm basing that on what's on your site! I'm considered a bit off the wall by my friends because I have an opinion on things that don't always comply with the norm!

I won't bore you any further just now but if you'd like to reply and chat I'd really like that.

Pro Tempore

Kate
Thinking it is a wind up I pinged off this reply...

Nice try.

Jenny or Nikki. Whichever one of you it is.

Carpe Diem.
Ross Douglas.
Http://wakeup.to/ross
http://cnut.blogspot.com
the_poetmaster@yahoo.co.uk
To which I got the reply...
Sorry Ross, not sure what you mean? I can only assume you think this is a wind up!

Katie

And so...

I do think this is a wind up. Appologies if it's not.
I'm thinking that way because I seem to be attaching the name "katie Bairdie" to a work colleague.

Thanks for the comments. It is very rare that someone takes the time to send a note of praise.
Good for you. Civility costs nothing. And E-mailing costs less.

Do you have any writing I can have a look at? a webpage perhaps? (this would also help me to
accept that this is not a wind up.)

Maybe I'm just being a cynical cnut but I'm sure you will understand.

Carpe Diem.
Ross Douglas.
To which I got the reply...
Hey,

I totally understand...after all I came out the blue right?! My name is Kate but the name Katie Bairdie is a long standing nickname my grandad gave me..everyone calls me that even though I'm 28! I take it you have a colleague who is called that as well? What do you do for a living then?

I work from home in between the studying doing secretarial work for local businesses. It's meaningless but pays the bills!

I don't have a web page as yet but it's definitley something i'm looking into. I am a little worried that if I publish my writing on line someone will nick it as their own. It's a tough world!

I'm not sure how else to make you see me as "real"!

Anyway it's nice talking to you..
And now I'm totally confused. Is this a real person? or is it a workmate at the wind up? It's possible that I will never know. Selah.

No comments: