Search This Blog

10/16/2005

Moto GP. Australia. Phillip Island.

American rider Nicky Hayden starts from pole position in todays Moto GP race at Phillip Island followed by Italian Valentino Rossi with Spaniard Sete Gibernau taking third on the grid.

Nicky Hayden not only took the pole position but signalled his intent to the rest of the padock by posting the fastest ever lap of Phillip Island with a time of 1'29.337.

Nicky Hayden commented after the final qualifying session;
"My goal was to lap below 1'29.5 but the qualifying tyres just got better and better and on the last one I was really going for it. The bike is working well, the tyres have plenty of grip and that's when I love it. It's always nice to be on pole but it's tomorrow that counts. Everybody in the team is doing their bit and they're all right behind me so all I can do is try to put on good show and see what happens."
Valentino Rossi said;
"I was quite confident for pole position because the team have done a great job with the bike this weekend and it worked well from yesterday. I lost my best opportunity to take pole when I was held up by Xaus in the final corner; I tried to overtake him but I wasn't able to so I came in and tried again with another tyre. Anyway, sometimes that happens. I tried my best and my lap time was very fast but in the end Nicky was faster so congratulations to him - it was a great ride. I am quite happy because the bike is good and second place is not so bad. It will be a hard race, especially for the tyres, but hopefully the good weather will continue tomorrow!"
To access free live timing for the races click here and go to the live timing link.

No comments: