Search This Blog

7/03/2005

I find myself wondering...

What is going to go down in the city centre tomorrow.

I've been speaking with a lot of the local residents of Edinburgh in the last couple of days to find out what their opinions on the G8 summit related happenings that have been taking place.

Generally the opinion is that the cause to Make Poverty History is a good thing, as is Wednesdays concert at Murrayfield, but the anarchist action that may happen tomorrow is a very bad idea and may well turn the city of Edinburgh into a war zone. That seems to me to be the general opinion as far as I see it anyway. The reality may be different, but only time will tell.

I have decided that I should be adequately prepared for whatever may happen, be it a peaceful demonstration or a full on burn-baby-burn riot, so before I leave tomorrow I'll throw some essentials into a bag. I'll be taking my camera, notebook, some bottled water, an old towel and my kevlar helmet.

I may also take along a few beers to suck down.

No comments: