Search This Blog

3/09/2005

Decisions decisions...

It's a difficult choice. Should I go to africa for a month? Hmmm, It's a toughie.

As I posted previously I have been invited to Africa for a month by my cousin and today I found out that it's only £300 for the flight. I'd be mad not to take this opertunity. Very mad.

My only worry, as far as I am concerned, is my house and what to do with it while I am away. I was thinking of renting it out for the month but I can't see anyone wanting to rent a house in Edinburgh for only one month.

I'd give it up and get a new gaff when I got back but my Mum is telling me not to as she thinks that is a stupid idea. Her reasoning is that it's a council house and if I were to purchase it I'd be able to sell, or rent, it and get some money behind me.

My Dad, on the other hand, says "Fuck the house. Go to Africa."

I'm inclined to follow my Dads advice. It's only a house to me. It's not home. I'm not sure where home is yet. As far as I am concerned my flat is merely, as George Carlin said, "Somewhere to store my shit" and somewhere to sleep at the end of the day. Nothing much more.

I will be thinking about this one hard for the next few days. I'll keep you updated one way or the other.

No comments: