Search This Blog

10/11/2006

Shiny shiny shiny...

So, there I was sitting at my desk watching A Clockwork Orange on DVD when the phone rang. In my usual style I picked it up and said the first thing that popped into my head.

"Bonjour, l'hotel grand." I said, in my best French accent. (Which to be honest sounds a bit like Peter Sellars as Inspector Clouseau.)
"Hello, can I speak to Ross Douglas." The voice on the other end of the phone said.
"Speaking." I said, somewhat warily as I'm still wanted by the police in london.
"This is ***** at the ******** ****** hotel. I've just received your application for the position of barman and I was wondering if you could come in for a little chat." The voice continued.
"Sure, when would be the best time?" I said.
"How about Thursday? Is that Ok with you?" The voice continued.
"Thursday's fine with me. What time?" I asked.
"How about 5pm?" Said the voice.
"Sure, I'll be there." I said and put the phone down.

Wish me luck. I'll need it.

11 comments:

Wreckless Euroafrican said...

Hey, you know what they say, first impressions count. And now the dude you going to see thinks you speak french!!!

Good luck bro.

Salagatle!

Divemaster GranDad said...

Go get them Cuzz...best of luck!!

And good guess that it was a hotel phoning you... :-)

Anonymous said...

Good luck mate

Anonymous said...

LOL... you kill me! Reading your blog always puts a mad grin on my face!

Good luck with the interview.. knock em dead.. =)

Anonymous said...

hi babes.......Hope you get it....You really deserve a break. Better than working with the bbc....he he he he he....if only everyone knew..

Byeeee

Unknown said...

Hello all,
Thanks for the comments. They warm the heart of a hateful curmudgeon.
Just kidding. :P

Divemaster GranDad said...

So...that was yesterday. What happened in the interview? When do you start?

Unknown said...

The interview went well enough for the dude to suggest that his manager has an interview with me as well.

I should hear in a couple of weeks when the other dude returns from banging small thai children...

Ho ho.

Divemaster GranDad said...

Ok, so I guess we're not going to hear why my Aunty P is "bloody furious" (and writing in CAPS for emphasis)??

Unknown said...

Hey ho, Steve-O,
The reason Aunty P was so cranky was because of the "I should hear in a couple of weeks when the other dude returns from banging small thai children..." comment I left the last time.

I did try to explain that it was just a joke but for some reason she doesn't think it's funny...

Parents huh?

Divemaster GranDad said...

Cuzz...I realised it was for the comment and that it was meant to be a joke, but what brought it on? The " just couldn't leave it alone" part also made me wonder what was up...