Search This Blog

10/13/2006

Jobbie Jobbie Job Job...

Normally I'm not very good at being somewhere when I need to be there.

This wasn't the case yesterday when I had to be at my job interview. (I was actually one hour and fifteen minutes early.) So instead of walking in and announcing my arrival I sat at a bus stop opposite the hotel and read my book for an hour while I smoked as many cigarettes as humanly possible.

After about an hour I plodded over the road and went to reception. I informed the woman on duty that I was here to see Mr *****. She picked up the phone and let the guy know I was here for my interview.

I met up with Mr ***** and we took a seat in a quiet corner of the bar and discussed the job, what I thought I could bring to the job in question and then he asked me the reason for my last job coming to an end.

As Mr ***** had said to me at least twice that he was a straight to the point type guy I told him I wasn't going to attempt to cover up the truth by lying to him. He looked at my applications form and read out the part that said I had been sacked for "Writing on my website."

"In the simplest terms, I wrote that the place was run by fuckwits." I said.
"Ahhh." He said.
"But in my defense, it is run by fuckwits. I spent six years banging my head against a wall and eventually snapped." I told him.

He laughed and continued the interview. We took a wander around the bars and he explained the position that I was applying for. All was well and good and after about fifteen minutes he told me that he would recommend that his manager get me in for a second interview when he returns from his holidays.

So I should hear in a couple of weeks when I've to go in for a second interview.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL... you've so got it!

Nice one!

Anonymous said...

well done Ross dont let other certain people think they have stuffed ur chances of a job.
e