Search This Blog

10/10/2006

Paranoia abounds...

There's a saying that I have always wondered about.

"Paranoia is reality on a finer scale."

Are the truly paranoid really seeing reality on a finer scale than those people who aren't as paranoid? Or are they just too uptight. It's a scunner for sure.

I've recently been hit with certain thoughts that could be labeled as "paranoid" and it got me to thinking maybe I'm not as sane as I always thought I was. (What those thoughts are I'm not willing to divulge. So don't ask, Ok.) Suffice to say that there are some people I have put a lot of trust and faith in and I'm beginning to think that there may be reason for me to re-evaluate my standpoint.

Sure the thoughts I'm having have very little grounding in reality but you notice when people, you thought you knew quite well, are treating you differently.

Perhaps my paranoia has no grounding in reality whatsoever and my fears are merely the creation of a (slightly) deranged mind. If this is the case then I will resolve not to be so paranoid in the future. If this is not the case I'll become more paranoid and will probably lose a lot of faith in people. And I'd hate to lose my faith in people as it is sometimes the only thing that we have in life. The hope that people are essentially good is a tenet I cling to like a man lost at sea clings to a liferaft.

And on that note I'm off to my bed as I have to be up really early to let some workmen in to rewire the house.

1 comment:

Wreckless Euroafrican said...

Spider story is great.
Advise on how to treat the hangers on outside the dole office sound correct.
Your latest blogg makes no sense....atle!

Salag