Search This Blog

2/27/2006

Since my chest infection got really bad...

Last Wednesday, I've had to stop smoking.

Which is not a good thing at all. I like smoking, it's cool. We all have to die and it's totally out of our control so why worry about it?

All the coolest people smoked. Bill Hicks smoked, James Dean smoked, Einstein smoked, Jean-Paul Satre smoked, Keith Richards smokes, Johnny Cash smoked and John lennon smoked. Tony Blair and George W Warmonger don't smoke. Point proven. Case closed. You can keep your government statistics and your surgeon general warnings. I win the argument.

Thankfully not too many people know I've had to stop smoking. I've been cooped up in the house attempting to defeat this chest infection all week and haven't seen anyone. Tomorrow will be a different thing altogether though, I'm back to work tomorrow and I'll no doubt be asked by several people why my stress levels are higher than a hippy on the third day of Woodstock.

I just hope that they can put up with the stream of abuse that'll come out of my mouth.

No comments: