Search This Blog

2/27/2006

It's not everyday...

That I have to fight the urge to knock some decency into someone. It's more like once a week.

Today must have been the exception to the rule though, I had the overwhelming desire to knock seven shades of shit out of at least two people.

Firstly, there was the bus driver. I got on the bus and dropped in £2.50 and asked for a daysaver (Normal price £2.30) and the driver said in an abrubt tone of voice "These buses don't give change, you've just lost your 20p." I let the remark go, took my ticket and said "Thanks." To which the driver mumbled "Yeah pal, whatever. Are you going to sit down or are you going to stand there like a prick all day?"

I lost it. Shamefully. Full on rage took control of my mouth and I let loose...

"Listen fuckface, I didn't get on this bus to get lip from a jumped up arsehole like you. I got on the bus to get from point A to point B so just shut the fuck up and do your job... Drive the fucking bus. And if you say one more word I'll tear your spinal chord out and beat you to death with it."

The driver closed the doors of the bus and I walked down the aisle to get a seat just in case he decided to take his revenge by knocking me off balance by accelerating quickly. As I walked down the aisle I noticed that almost everyone else on the bus was sat with their mouths hanging open like an assembly of cheap plastic fuck dolls. The only person not sitting with their mouth agape was laughing his head off.

Twenty minutes later I got off the bus and made my way to the Sighthill Health Centre to hand in my prescription. I walked along the corridor and approached the receptionists desk. A very pretty looking receptionist sat behind the glass screen and a skinny junkie was attempting to put some kind of point across to her.

As I stood patiently waiting the junkie looking fuckwit became more and more animated and was begining to lose control. As the receptionist said, for about the fifth time; "Sorry sir there really isn't anything I can do about that, you'll need to consult with the doctor." The junkie shouted "For fucks sake ya stupid fucking slag, Aw ahm wanting is ma fucking script changed! Fucks sake. Dozy fucking bitch."

Once again I lost it.

I stepped in closer to the junkie, pushed my full weight against his back, grabbed his wrist and his neck and squeezed. The junkie began to squirm and I said to him "Stand still or I squeeze a lot harder. If you make any attempt to move I'll smash your head right through that glass partition in front of you."

The junkie muttered "Ok big man."

I continued speaking... "If you think that the nice receptionist won't back up my story that you headbutted the glass in a fit of rage then just remember how you just spoke to her."

Once again the junkie said "Ok, big man."

"Now, what I'm going to do is this. I'm going to let you go and you're going to apologize for speaking to this nice young lady like that then you're going to walk out of this building... Clear?" I said.

"Aye man, clear as daylight." Said the junkie.

I let go of him and much to my surprise he turned to the receptionist and said in a very timid voice, "Sorry about that hen. It'll no happen again." And then he turned and ran. I handed the receptionist my prescription, she said "Thanks." and I walked out of the health centre.

As I walked from the health centre I spotted the junkie reading the times of the buses at the bus stop I was heading towards. When he noticed me he took to his heels and sprinted away like the roadrunner.

My bus took about a minute to arrive and while I waited I read my book. As I stepped onto the bus I held up my daysaver for the driver to see and was surprised when a voice said "This is yours."

I looked up from my book and saw that it was the same driver as I had as I made my way to the health centre, and moreover he had a twenty pence piece in his hand. "Sorry for being a dick." He said, as I took the 20p and made my way to a seat.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoo! Get you Robocop...you should come down to sunny Manchester and teach some of the wee neds down here a thing or two. Somebody needs to and I've had enough...

jenny said...

Mmmm...another great work of fiction me thinks...it was the fact that anyone else would call you "big man" that did it for me!! Was the ned you were having a discussion with a midget??? As for shouting and swearing at a bus driver...it must have been your lucky day if you got away with that without him screaming for back up on his radio never mind getting your 20p back...I've never yet met a bus driver who would give you 20p out his own pocket!! Hopefully the (prescribed drugs) will be taking affect now and you'll be back in reality! Lol!!

ps thanks for sharing your bug around, I sit here in my pj's, nose running and chest feeling like a herd of elephants are stamping on it trying to smoke the last of my duty free and feeling like every draw will be my last!

Stuart Douglas said...

Yer a slavering eejit Ross, but entertaining nonetheless (and Jenny is so right - the only adult human being who would ever refer to all 5 foot seven of you as 'big man' is The Artist Formerly Known as Prince...