Search This Blog

2/25/2006

If I see one more...

Top 100 show I'm gonna start hunting down TV executives.

(This next bit should be read as though I'm screaming out. Mainly because I am.)

Why, in the name of all that's fucking holy, do TV execs think I give a good god damn what the 100 most embarrassing moments of the 1980's were? Why, please, tell me why! I lived through the 1980's and believe me I know they were ass cringing awful times when it came to Music, Fashion, Politics and TV. There's no need to spend three hours of TV time showing me shit that should have been consigned to the waste basket of history twenty five seconds after it was first shown.

And to add insult to injury B-list Celebs are asked what their opinions are. But here's the rub on that one, none of them actually remember the 1980's, oh no, if they remembered the 1980's they'd be sitting with their heads in their hands mumbling things along the lines of "Oh my god, I actually bought that record. I thought it was great." Or "May the lord forgive me for wearing leg warmers." or "Yes, I did have a pink sports coat that I wore with the sleeves rolled up so I could look like Don Johnson did in Miami Vice, even though I lived in Reading."

But that's the thing most laughable about those shows, no-one admits to having done any of the embarrassing things that they've been told to reminisce about. It's always a case of "I had a friend who..." Or "I hung around with a guy who..." Or "There was this one girl at school who..."
It was never them that bought a copy of the Kajagoogoo album and had their hair done just like Limahl. Nope. It was always the tragic character that they knew when they were younger.

But, there's an exception to this rule. The comedians. They say in a proud voice "Yeah, I had my hair done like the guy from flock of seagulls, wore leg warmers over my jeans, had a lilac sports jacket and sang Where's your mamma gone by Middle of the road out loud in the street. All at the same time. Oh those were hapy days. And the joy of it all is that due to my memory being shot to shit after half a lifetime of drinking I can't even remember the beatings I used to get at school."

1 comment:

Wreckless Euroafrican said...

I think I know how you feel. But I also think they do those shows for people like me who were there, did all those things, but can't remember it....

Now what was I saying......