Search This Blog

10/05/2005

I've no idea why...

But today, for some reason, my eyeballs have felt like they were soaked overnight in a glass of piss. And not healthy looking clear piss either, oh no. You know the cloudy piss you get, when you've had a good old fashioned drinking session and your liver hurts the next morning, that's the kind of piss I'm talking about.

People commented that I looked like I'd slept on a park bench and had tramps for drinking partners last night when I went into work today. And I hadn't. I wouldn't have minded so much if I had been drinking in the graveyard at 3am with Stinky Bert and Gordon Grott to keep me company for the evening.

Perhaps it's the hours of staring at this damned computer screen that causes my eyes to adopt the I-just-saw-someone-kill-a-fluffybunny look that female executives, who want to develop their people skills by going on an outdoors weekend, get previous to realizing that Mr Floppsy Wopsy is all there is to eat.

Then again it could be the fact that my monitor is as close to fucked as you can get. There's a fuzzy look to the centre of the screen and my eyes are constantly straining to read what's on the screen before me.

So in order to give my eyes a bit of a rest I'm off to bed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry couldnt resist i tried really i did

Stuart Douglas said...

D'you want a new monitor?

Divemaster GranDad said...

Cuzz...try "degaussing" the current monitor, I would suggest. Unless, of course, you're throwing hints at Stuart for a new one, which he has kindly offered.... :-)

Unknown said...

I'd rather have this monitor work correctly. But failing that I'll take a new one from my very kind brother.

Steve, I tried showing the monitor a degas painting and it had no effect.

Stuart Douglas said...

I'll come round over the weekend and fix/replace it.

Don't say I'm not good to you...