Search This Blog

4/19/2005

Utterpants? Utter bastards.

It's not often I get mad. I'm not the getting mad type. But, on occasion I get a little miffed at how people treat each other.

In this post I asked for opinions on a piece of writing I had done. (I only got one comment but that's not what this is about.) The reason I wanted opinions was that an editor at Utterpants.co.uk wanted to put it on the utterpants site and wouldn't let it run as it was. After reading the edited version I wasn't sure if the piece still had my style to it. I didn't think it did. I felt it had lost the inner voice that I strive to put into everything I write.

I did send a couple of tongue-in-cheek e-mails to the editor of utterpants asking why such a "brutal hack job" had been done to my piece but I honestly wasn't that bothered about it. As long as I got the credit for writing the piece and that there was a link to my site at the bottom of the page I was reasonably happy. Now, though, I'm really hacked off.

I'm hacked off as I have just this minute found out that my altered piece has been pulled from Utterpants to, I assume, prevent people from commenting on the good and bad parts of both pieces. I think this is not only very low but also down right fucking rude.

In the spirit of human fellowship I have pinged off a mail to the editor of utterpants to find out what the reason for pulling my piece is but I am not holding my breath for anything other than a mail citing bullshit excuses...

And now I'm really fucking hacked off. Not only are my mails being pinged back to me but I have also been removed from the forum on utterpants so I have no easy way of finding out why my piece was pulled.

Click here for the google cache of the edited piece.
Or Click here for my original version. Or here for the original version on The Spoof.

Utterpants? Utter shite. Fuck 'em.

No comments: