Search This Blog

7/16/2008

I don't know about you...

But I've always found Stewie Griffin singing Rocket Man funnier than words can convey. So imagine my surprise when I stumbled across the inspiration for it on youtube. Believe it or not it's based on William "Captain Kirk" Shatner's rendition of the same song at a 1978 sci-fi convention.

Here's the video.



And to finish here's a small joke...

Why didn't the woman go out with Captain Kirk after their first meeting?

Because William Shatner.

2 comments:

A 2 Z said...

Thanks for sharing that. Who knew that WS was the first to sing it. I forgot how gorgeous the man used to look. Of course now he does commercials for fiber cereals that keep you regular...

Unknown said...

The cereal company could have saved itself some money and just played this video. I know I shit myself laughing when I saw it...