Search This Blog

2/08/2008

Update...

Like I mentioned earlier the guff for my creative writing course arrived last Saturday.

Last night I sent off the first assignment to be critiqued by my tutor.

It probably should have taken more than a week to do, given that the timetable set by the college is something like five weeks, but I found it to be easier than I expected and was able to rattle through it at a fair old rate and still make it as good as I could have.

Part two of the course is slightly more challenging but still nowhere near as difficult as I initially thought it would be. In it I am given six topics and have to submit 250 words about two of them to the tutor. But as I am resolved to challenging myself more than the course seems to be I've decided to write 250 words about all of the subjects presented to me, if only for the practise and to keep me writing.

The most interesting thing about the course is that I have evolved into a student type person. I went to the local supermarket and spent more time in the stationary aisle eyeing up pencil cases, trying to decide if I needed a ruler and which notepad I should buy than I did actually doing my shopping.

Should I be worried? Is this the first step on the slippery slope to buying a pen that can write in four different colours, buying a pair of corduroys and metamorphosing into someone who looks like a supply teacher?

I hope not. I've never been a fan of tweed with elbow patches, I think anyone who wears a cravat should be shot and quite frankly I'd look bloody stupid smoking a pipe.

4 comments:

twelve_squared said...

no... no... no...

no tweed... you're a teacher type for a whole new generation. :)

be a teacher/writer type like "insert" who loves her tattoos, her piercings... be relevant instead of reverent.

:) I'm so glad you're writing all of them... it's more for me to read.

xxoo

Wreckless Euroafrican said...

sounds like u starting to have fun. good 4 u
Salagatle!

Anonymous said...

Mate, as someone that's perfected the land of studentdom for almost 7 years now with fuck all to show yet, one useful tool I would suggest is getting display books, not folders, sorts me out a treat. I dunno why, but I like them and swear they are the secret to my success.

Helps if you forget the fact I've little fucking success so far but give them a trial run, they're ace.

Anonymous said...

Yo Rossco

I love stationery! I just went and bought a selection of lovely pens and notebooks from the Staionery Box in St James Centre. My dream job ever since I was a bairn has been to have my own little stationery boutique. One day maybe, one day.

Post up your stuff you're submitting to your tutor, I want to read it.

Linds x