Search This Blog

4/29/2007

While looking for my bike chain...

I stumbled across a box filled with the accumulated guff of my life. Poetry I'd written many moons ago and photographs I'd taken at least 10 years ago stared up at me from the box.

One picture in particular caught my eye. It was a Polaroid of my ex girlfriend Jen and I that was taken not long before we split up. As I stared at the picture in front of me a thought passed through my mind. "She was the one you should have married." It said. I remember my mum telling me this once but until I saw Jen's picture again I had never given any credence to the idea. Now though? It certainly sounds like the truth.

At this time, in this moment it does anyhow.



Wherever you are Jen I wish you naught but happiness in your heart, love in your life and joy in your soul. Smile hun, it could be worse... You could be me.

No comments: