Search This Blog

12/09/2006

Weird tales from many moons ago...

A blast from my past loomed out of the mists today.

My cousin Simon got in touch, after something like 15 years or so in the wilderness, following the random chance that his brother Lee fitted the cable at my Mothers new house. The reason for losing touch for so long is complicated so I'll not go into it. Besides, it had nothing much to do with either of us so I couldn't give a fuck. It's just good to hear from him.

Simon and I were a bit of a pair when we were younger and our mums were still talking to each other... Oops, I wasn't going to go into it, ahem, ermm... And I have many happy memories of us tearing up the areas of Westburn and Livingston in days long gone.

I'm sure everyone has cousin like Simon. If they don't then they should buy/rent/steal one. Someone who is more like a brother, or sister as he case may be, than a cousin. The kind of cousin that you click with, a kindred spirit, a blood brother all that spiritual shit... You got the idea.

2 comments:

Wreckless Euroafrican said...

And about time too, mum... thanx

Blood is thicker than water - to forgive is really so easy... if oyu think about it - life's too short... and all that stuff..
Salagatle!

Anonymous said...

I concur wreckless, never a truer word spoken.