Search This Blog

12/07/2006

Piss them off...

I've just had a small visit from a Scottish Gas representative who did his level best to get me to change suppliers.

I opened the door and knew what his gig was as soon as I saw the Scottish Gas identity card around his neck. The small voice in my head attempted to get me to say "Fuck off, not interested." and slam the door in his face but as I'm in a very charitable mood I didn't.

He began his pitch about how he could save me £1.70 a week on standard charges. I stopped him short. "Before you go any further I'll tell you straight away that I'm not interested." I said.
He bravely plunged on with the script. I listened to a little more and waited for him to ask a question. "Are you happy with your supplier?" He asked.

"I'm over the moon with them. There is always gas in the pipes and electricity in the sockets. It's almost perfect." I said. Thankfully he fell for the bait I had laid by saying it was almost perfect. "How could it be better?" He asked.
"Well, they could send cute women with big tits and loose morals around once a week to pleasure me in ways that even I can't imagine." I stated.

"I can see you really aren't interested." He said.
"You're very perceptive for a Scottish Gas worker." I said, struggling not to laugh.
He bravely plunged onwards. "What are your interests?" He asked.

I figured what his angle was straight away. He was attempting to use my interests to introduce me to the interest of saving money.

"Apathy." I replied, and closed the door.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice.

I tell Jehovah's Witnesses "No thank you, I am a satanist."

Wreckless Euroafrican said...

Nice one Ross! The wee scottish laddie was just trying to do his job, and by the sounds of things you gave him something to smile about.
Now about your internet service provider.......


Salagatle!