Search This Blog

9/12/2006

Retard...

Mongo, moron, spongebrain, waterhead, window-licker, watch-breaker, wrist slapper, dumb, dipshit or daft. All of these words have been used by myself at some time or another to describe someone whom I considered to be really fucking stupid.

And yet, I have never intentionally used any of them to describe someone who has a mental handicap. Well, that's not strictly true... I have used one or more of these words to describe someone who was born with a mental deficiency but in my defense that was before I developed the ability to think for myself and not to blindly accept the rhetoric spouted by the less desirable influences of society.

You, no doubt, have witnessed these people in your life and have also been a mindless victim of their shitstrewn sensibilities and shallowminded subtleties. So it goes... Until you realise that all people are the same regardless of their mental capabilities. (With the obvious exception of the aforementioned arseholes who should be taken out into a field and shot. Ho ho...)

These days I'm more evolved and would never use these, or any other words, to describe someone who was born different. Sure, I'll use them in the heat of the moment to describe a person who is getting on my tits. But, hey, fuck it. I'm only human. And as such we all fly off the handle on occasion and say things we may not necessarily mean.

The difference, as I see it, is in the intent. If I spin around on my heels and call someone a retarded cunt when my blood temperature is at boiling point my intent isn't to insinuate that the person on the receiving end is handicapped. It's merely my way of venting my frustrations.

So, in short, if for some reason I snap and you are on the receiving end of my telling you that "I think you are a moronic fucking imbecile who licks windows" I hope you'll understand it's nothing personal.

No comments: