Search This Blog

9/23/2006

Over the last few days...

I've had a lot of time to give consideration to what I should do next in my life after getting sacked from that place that I used to work at... Ahem, once again, no names, no pack drill...

I have been toying with the idea of doing some kind of writing to make some extra cash and have come to the conclusion that if I want to write properly I really should find a course where I can learn how to do it properly.

So while I'm in Dublin next week I'll be absorbing as much culture as possible with a mind to submitting some articles to tourist magazines and suchlike. This will serve a double purpose...
  1. I'll get some practice at writing for the mass market.
  2. I'll develop a new style of writing.
On a similar note... My Brother, Stuart, very kindly bought me a copy of Writing Comedy by John Byrne and I'll be taking this to Dublin with me to pass whatever time I have to spare.

2 comments:

Stuart Douglas said...

Go for it!

jenny said...

You don't need to learn how to do it properly, you just need to learn how to fine tune the skills you already have!

See ya tonight!