Search This Blog

9/23/2006

It's a tough decision...

Should I sell out and join the ranks of Satans' Spawn who advertise products just because I am offered money to do so?

I received an e-mail today from a company that is willing to pay me to advertise on this blog.
I'm not sure if it's a scam or not so I didn't take it too seriously and whipped off an e-mail in reply.

Here's the e-mail I received...
Dear Webmaster

I've tried to contact you about this before but got no response - do you offer any advertising on your CNUT website, and if so, how much do you charge? I have a client who would be willing to pay an annual charge (£40-50 a year depending on position) for a text link from your site.
Please do let me know if you're interested, your site would be very suitable. Apologies if you're not interested.

Yours Henry Elliss.
And here's the one I sent in reply...
Hello Henry,
My costs for advertising are as follows.

Text link - £250 per annum.
Picture link - £500 per annum.
Full page ad with review by me (product must be sent to me FOC so I can review it.) - £1000 per annum.

If these prices suit your customer then they are extremely foolish and should be bled dry.

Smile man. Life is one big cosmic joke.
I wonder if I'll ever hear back from him...

1 comment:

Henry Elliss said...

I liked your reply a lot - it made me smile a lot more than lots of the replies I get from e-mails like that! :)

Henry