Search This Blog

9/11/2006

I feel as if I have lost a friend...

It's always a shock to the system, the loss of something precious. Sure, with time you will adjust to the loss. But from the moment you realise that its gone for good your heart sinks.

I feel this way now though I'm slowly coming to grips with the stark reality that I will never again see my sunglasses. We had some great times together. For more than ten years we were inseparable. Wherever I went they followed... We traveled to South Africa and back... We went to Dublin... Then, one sunny day, we went to St Andrews and we were separated.

Goodbye my friend. Wherever you are.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

RIP Sunnies!

I have an extremely needy relationship with my sunglasses. I've told all my friends that if I go before them, they are to put them on me before they close the lid!

I feel your pain.....