Search This Blog

8/26/2006

So says the speaker...

The line it is drawn, the curse it is cast.
The slow one now, will later be fast.
As the present now, will later be past.
The order is rapidly fadin'.
And the first one now, will later be last.
For the times they are a-changin'.
.::. Bob Dylan .::.

Indeed, the times they are a changin'. I can feel it creeping up on me with a shit-eating grin on it's face and a manic look in it's eyes...

(Please forgive me if this post has so far failed to make any sense in the conventional way. I ascribe this to the fact that sense has never been my strong point and right now I'm in a state of flux.)

Change is looming up on me like the iceberg that sunk the Titanic and although I have known of its inevitable approach I'm still slightly shocked by the rapidity at which it is coming into view and is setting about tearing, ripping, gouging and slashing into the side of my ship.

Unlike the captain of the Titanic I know the iceberg that is about to sink me... It smiles at me in my day to day life and asks me if I had a nice holiday. It laughs at jokes I make. It engages in small talk about the weather. Worst of all though, is that it pretends not to be holding a vicious looking knife behind its back which it is about to sink into the flesh between my shoulders.

So here I am at the crossroads. I can dance with the Devil or I can walk with good graces and not give it the satisfaction of being the thing that sends me over the edge into the deep, dark whirlpool.

"Bring it on." I say. Let the games begin.

2 comments:

jenny said...

Dance with the devil. You know it makes sense. Satisfaction comes from seeing the devil made to look like the prick he is.

Remember too that the knife is only helpful to him if he knows how to stick it in and damage you properly. A quick tongue and a brain are no match for the devils knife.

Wreckless Euroafrican said...

Surely you mean to say

The devils knife is no matvh for a quick tongue and a brain?

Salagatle1