Search This Blog

6/19/2006

This week I will be....

Participating in a small experiment.

I've decided to find out what my "Cool" rating is. In order to do this I'll be awarding myself Cool Points as the week goes on.

The breakdown of cool points is as follows.
  • For each cigarette I smoke I shall be awarded 20 cool points.
  • For every alcoholic drink (beer) I have I shall be awarded 20 cool points.
  • For every alcoholic drink (spirit) I have I shall be awarded 30 cool points.
  • For each illegal substance I take I shall be awarded 40 cool points.
  • Extra points can be earned for doing something I consider a "cool move." I.E remaining calm and collected in a possibly volatile situation. For every "cool move" I will be awarded 10 points.
  • Points will also be gained for combo moves.
  • Drinking a beer while having a cigarette will result in 40 points + 20 points for an active combo = 60 points.
  • Having a rum while smoking a joint will result in 90 points [smoking = 20. spirit = 30. illegal substance = 40.] + 30 points for a triple combo move.
In the past half an hour I have already amassed 180 points.

Should you feel like guessing how many cool points I will amass over the coming week please feel free to leave a comment. I'll even put up a prize for the first person who guesses within 100 points. Deadline for guesses is Midnight (GMT) Sunday the 25th June.

9 comments:

Wreckless Euroafrican said...

5040 points...

or enough to qualify for a free beer at my place when you come to south africa next...

salagatle!

jenny said...

Oh Ross I just can't condone this. It's sending the message to kids that smoking & doing drugs is cool. That's just wrong! Your just ruining everything those kids from Grange Hill stood for..."just say no!".

That said I'll go for 25920!

Anonymous said...

The thing is.... I think your already cool without doing all that... but... I will go with 4,320.

Divemaster GranDad said...

Methinks Max and Krissy are way off. I also agree with what Jen says.

But then again, I'll warrant a guess too. Based on the 180 points for the first half hour, given an average day of 15hrs per day for a week, my guess would be 37,800.

Anonymous said...

45369

Unknown said...

Dear Anonymous,
How in gods name do you expect to claim the prize if you win?
A name would be a start.

Unknown said...

The final count has been made.

It's official. I'm supercool.

and the winner of the competition is Krissy who guessed closest to the final total of 4,510.

Krissy may claim her prize by meeting up with me.

Anonymous said...

Wow!! I won!!! Can't wait to collect my prize. Does this mean I will be super cool too? It does make me wonder what the prize is.. a hint plz? will there be a ribbon tied around it? hehe

jenny said...

Well done Krissy!

However, Ross I feel you are way less cool than you think you are. My theory on this being based on your claim of 180 cool points in 30 minutes. So...

180 = 30 minutes = 360 per hour

However, one can't be that cool for all hours so even using a minimum basis of 40 cool points per hour instead of the massive 360...

40 (2 fags) = 1 hour

Plus a bare weekly minimum of:
4 x spirits ( 4x 30 = 120),
3 x illegal substances (3 x 40 = 120),
2 x drinking while indulging in an illegal (1 x 120)

Plus time spent asleep,

24 (hours in day) - 9 (hours asleep, which is being kind to you) = 15

So…

40(minimum points per hour) x 15( hours awake) = 600 (points per day)

So…

600 (minimum points per day) x 7 (days in week) = 4200 (minimum points per week)

Plus

120 (4 x spirits) + 120 (3 x illegal) + 120 (1 x drinking with illegal) = 360 (extra points)

So …

4200 (basic points for week) + 360 (4 drinks, 3 illegal, 1 drink/drugs combos) = 4560 (points )

You claim to have made 4510 cool points…

4560 (minimum totals points) - 4510 (your cool points) = 50 (below minimum totals)

Results then…

You are 50 points below a basic 2 fags an hour while awake, 4 spirit’s a week, 3 joints a week, combination. This means you may be cool but it is only coolish as this doesn’t allow for any cool moves or double combo’s, or drinking beers. Ergo you might pass as cool but you are not yet in the super cool category. If however you had been able to maintain your average 180 points per half hour, and even for allowing a drop in such a result of 160 points per hour to 200 as opposed to 360, you would still have racked up a massive 21,000 points which would have seen you emerge as super, super, super cool.

Personally I’m a little disappointed. Lol!

Anyway you’re cool without fags, drink, drugs and combo’s!