Search This Blog

5/30/2006

Instead of tidying...

I've decided to spend most of this week reading.

Lyndsay "With an I" Brown (Who you can visit by clicking here) came into work at the club on Saturday night with eight books for me to read. Plus I've still to plough my way through Descartes, Freud and Darwin so it's into the pages I shall sink.

The books Lyndsay "With an I" brought in are as follows.
  • Richard Pryor - Pryor Convictions.
  • Chuck Palahniuk - Haunted.
  • Dave Eggers - A Heartbreaking Work Of Staggering Genius.
  • Chuck Palahniuk - Diary.
  • Bret Easton Ellis - Less Than Zero.
  • Franz Kafka - Metamorphosis.
  • Vladimir Nabokov - Lolita.
  • Natsuo Kirino - Out.
I'm terribly tempted to get up early tomorrow to head into town to spend the day lazing under a tree somewhere reading. The plus side is that if I do this I can avoid doing the rest of the housework.

2 comments:

Stuart Douglas said...

You'll like Chuck Palahniuk, I suspect.

And Nabakov and Kafka are great, obviously.

Anonymous said...

here, here