Search This Blog

4/10/2006

There's something disturbing about...

Finding out that your front door can be opened without a key.

As I left the house to go to work I pulled the door closed behind me. There was a strange clicking sound and I looked to see that the door wasn't properly closed. I pulled it shut again with slightly more force and lo and behold, it closed and locked.

I gave the door a small push. The door swung open.

"What the fuck?" I said, (quite loudly for someone who is alone and standing outside their own house.) I pulled the door closed and made sure that I pulled firmly enough to engage the lock. Once again I gave the door a small push. Open Sesame!

I pondered just how long my front door has been openable by the smallest amount of force.

"Maybe it's been like that since I moved in here... Maybe it's due to the door shrinking due to differences in temperature... Maybe the house across the road from me is being used by CIA undercover operatives to spy on me and they've rigged it so they can gain entry to my home without damaging the door or it's surrounds... OH MY GOD! They're onto me! My plan to take over the world is useless now, I need to call Heinrich in Havana and let him know... We have to get out!" I thought.

Then it occurred to me that I didn't know anyone named Heinrich who lives in Havana.

The mystery deepens...

4 comments:

jenny said...

I hope you called the council as per Mum's instructions...if not I'll be at yours next time I know your at work. There's gotta be something worth stealing...Imagine coming on here and telling us we can go round to yours anytime we like with a shove on the door. Good lord you know that people who know where you live read this!!!

Do as your Momma says and get the door fixed!

jenny said...

Hey Tootsie's back! Hurrah we've missed you! How are you? Well I hope?

Anonymous said...

Glad to see Tootsie back, missed her banter. If Ross no interested, then how about me???? I am young free and single...... Ross your the Main Man my son.... Keep up the Blog, best on the Net. Hi Jenny how you doing, and Ross Mum, take a chill pill and leave the boy alone

Kev

Anonymous said...

Newsflash from Ausie Land

Caught up with myself, sun see sand and lots of beaches, wedding in a couple of days, I am best man, not groom !!!! so don't panic ladies, see you all soon. Keep smiling Tootsie, Keep Writing Ross, Keep in Touch from USA Jenny and love to all the rest, including the Mom