Search This Blog

4/02/2006

There's only so much...

Anyone can take before the red mist descends and you lose it.

Which is ok. Losing it is a part of being human. Just as long as you don't lose it and start whipping out fists. Personally I'm the kind that loses it and lets loose with the tongue. Just ask the poor swine that I happened to lose it at when I was stuck on a train for four hours a few years back...

He was one of those people who are cursed with a winey voice. And, he was a train buff. A combination that was always destined to be on the receiving end of an aural ass kicking. For two and a half hours I listened to him bleat on about rolling stock, locomotives and their differing types, railway gauges used in countries around the world and the joys of trainspotting in general. Then I lost my head.

"Hey Casey Jones, will you please shut the fuck up. I've had all I can take of your annoying voice and your encyclopedic knowledge of trains... I'm stuck on the train to hell and you're driving me out of my mind with your incessant drivel and you're winey, nasal chattering. If you don't fucking shut up I'm going to go to the buffet car, get a sandwich and then I'm gonna drive it into your fucking eyeball and I'm sure you of all people know how dangerous a British Rail egg and watercress sandwich can be in the wrong hands." I snapped.

When I stopped talking I heard a voice say "Well said that man." Which kinda made me feel justified in going off at the winey fucker who was driving me up the wall.

So, the next time you feel the rage descend and the voices in your head tell you to let loose just go with it. Just remember not to whip out the fists.

No comments: