Search This Blog

4/28/2006

Stiffer than an iron bar.

I'm pretty sure I've trapped a nerve as during the last three days my neck has been giving me small stabs of pain.

This morning I woke up and attempted to sit up by getting my right arm underneath myself and using it to lever myself up. A bolt of pain shot along my arm and up my neck. I let out a scream and dropped back onto the mattress. Cue; More pain.

After spending a few minutes lying still so as not to cause anymore of the painful feelings I tried again. Once more; Cue pain. "Something isn't right here." I thought to myself.

I gently rolled over onto my left-hand-side and sat up. I lifted my left arm above my head and quickly received a flash of pain shooting down my spinal chord for trying to do so. I attempted to raise my right arm and got a shock of pain along my arm, up my neck and down my spine. I let out a yell which probably sounded like a wounded dog to anyone who heard it and slowly put my arm at my side.

I realised that I had somehow injured my shoulder/neck and moved my head from side to side. Or at least I would have, had it not been for the fact that moving my head in any direction was sending pain signals from my brain to my balls and visiting all stops in-between. So tomorrow morning I'll be getting on the phone to the quacks office to make an appointment to see the medicine man.

Can you still get Morphine on prescription?

No comments: