Search This Blog

4/14/2006

An open letter to God.

Oh lord, why do you test me so? Why do you give joy and hope with one hand and yet take it away with the other?

While I was happily staring at your hand holding the recently rent asunder contract of Gareth Gates, I failed to notice that crappy 70's and 80's stars have been making marks on the pop charts. What the fuck is the deal with that? Can you answer that God? Please? I'll be a good boy, honest. Just let me know what's going on.

Leo Sayer, Tom Jones, Stevie Nicks and Elvis have all recently been in the pop charts. This is 2006? Isn't it? Please let me know I'm not losing my marbles completely and I'm not having some kind of real life Life on Mars mental breakdown. The thought, that I'm about to wake up on an abandoned patch of land somewhere in Wester Hailes wearing flares, scares the shit out of me.

And not just because of the flares, I genuinely fear the people of Wester Hailes now I've not been a resident of that place for a longer space of time than I was.

1 comment:

Wreckless Euroafrican said...

maybe the 70's and 80's are coming back because the 2000's are only able to spawn the type of crap which we get from the likes of Gareth and co..... think about it!

Salagatle!