Search This Blog

2/03/2006

Ever since...

I crashed my motorcycle a few years back I've had dicky knees.

After I've been sitting down for a long time I have to twist my leg to get my right kneecap to click back into it's proper place. I did this last night, as per usual, and was hit by a massive jolt of pain the likes of which I have never experienced.

Now I can't bend my knee without it feeling like there is bone grinding against bone.

So tomorrow I'm going to call my doctors and make an appointment to see if I've done any serious damage. I'll no doubt be chastised by him/her for signing myself out of hospital an hour after uprooting a concrete fence post with my right leg at a speed of about 60mph. (I was more worried about my Ex-girlfriend, who was lying on a stretcher in A&E with two broken ribs, a punctured lung and a badly twisted leg.)

I was told at the time by an A&E Doctor that I should have gotten x-rayed to check for damage but didn't heed his advice. Well, I say I didn't heed his advice, I actually screamed at him "I don't give a fuck what you think... Just get me the forms to sign before I'm not the only one who's in pain." And then hobbled over to the nearest nurse and quickly signed the piece of paper letting the hospital off the hook if my kneecaps dropped out of the bottom of my jeans and I decided to sue them for malpractice. Or whatever lawsuit a money hungry lawyer decided to lay on them.

I'll keep you all up to speed on whatever I've done.

1 comment:

Gordon said...

Hi there - Just doing the rounds of the 'Edinburgh' area blogs. There's a blogmeet on the 18th, in the Jolly Judge. More details on the Scottish Blogs website.

pass it on.