Search This Blog

12/07/2005

Christmas. Bah Humbug.

I'm not much into Christmas. Which makes the next month a nightmare for people like me... And me.

I returned to my work today after being off sick for the past week with a chest infection and found the whole place dripping with Christmas decorations. It's like working in Santa's scrotum. There's tinsel hanging from every available surface, a plastic tree covered in fairy lights stands in the corner and large pictures of Santa grace the walls as though the club is some kind of shrine to an overweight god who has an addiction to red clothing. And to top it all Rudolph the Red Nosed reindeer stares at me, with an evil look in his eyes I may add, as I pour drinks and chat with the club members.

Thank Christ it's only going to be for the next month. At which time the Christmas crap will be replaced with Easter Eggs...

No comments: