Search This Blog

7/19/2005

Tony talks shit. Again.

Tony Blair today refuted claims by the Royal Institute of International Affairs (RIIA) that the London bombing was a result of the UK being the closest ally to the US lead invasion of Iraq.

Anyone surprised? No. Me either.

In the report the RIIA puts forwards the idea that if the UK was not so quick to jump onto the bandwagon the London bombings would not have taken place.

In a press release the RIIA said,
"There is "no doubt" that the invasion of Iraq has imposed particular difficulties for the UK and for the wider coalition against terrorism... The situation in Iraq has ‘given a boost to the Al-Qaeda network's propaganda, recruitment and fundraising, whilst providing an ideal targeting and training area for Al-Qaeda-linked terrorists."
Talk about stating the obvious. I'm sure if I were a valley girl I'd be saying "Like duh..." right about now. But I'm not. So I'll stick to making snide remarks and taking the piss. Do what you're good at and all that.

Reports in the New York Times claim that a month previous to the bombing the Joint Terrorist Analysis Centre lowered its formal threat claiming that,
"at present there is not a group with both the current intent and the capability to attack the U.K.,"
Yet another shining example of the words "UK Intelligence" being an oxymoron.

Any bets on who'll shoulder the blame? I'm giving 137 billion to one that it isn't Tony Blair. If it is, I'm going to be seriously bankrupted. So badly bankrupted that I'll possibly explode in flames at hearing the news that Tony Blair has stepped down after making a public apology to the people effected by this war.

The odds of that happening are about the same odds as me being propositioned by Cherie Blair outside a dingy public toilet in Soho. Though from what I've heard about Cherie this may not be such an outside chance. Perhaps Carol Caplin has convinced Cherie that there is good money to be made by sucking off strangers and recording it for celebs unzipped. Who knows...

Not me man, and if I'm questioned about this I'm saying nothing without a lawyer present.

No comments: