Search This Blog

6/19/2005

It's about time...

That I got myself a girlfriend.

Most of my friends, my mum, my sister and my sister in law have at some point suggested that I put an ad in the local newspapers to meet people. I may be single but I'm not about to sell myself as though I was a beige Ford Cortina. Maybe it's just me but I think that I'm better off staying single unless I meet someone who lights up my soul and makes me feel truly alive.

Another thing that has been suggested is speed dating. I'm not about to lower myself to that though. How in gods name can you get to know someone in the space of a minute? I pride myself on being a reasonable judge of character but I'm pretty sure even the craziest loon could act normal for a minute. I know I can. If I concentrate.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear "cupid",
Thanks for the comments. The thing I seem to get the least of on this blog of mine.
Thanks for taking the time to send a little note.
Maybe one day I'll take you up on that offer and the next time I see you (I get the feeling you know me in some way or another) you can challenge me to ask any girl you think would be suitable out. I could do with the laughs.