Search This Blog

6/19/2005

Fathers day.

It's fathers day today.

And what have I got for my Dad? Same as last year. Nothing.

It's not that I don't like my Dad, I do, in fact I'd go so far as to say I love him. Just don't let him know I said that, he'd think I've been told I have six months to live.

The main problem is this. How can I be expected to go out and buy a card with a tacky verse in it and expect it to convey everything that my dad is to me? It's fucking impossible. He knows I respect him and love him but I aint about to let hallmark do the talking for me. They write shit cards and I aint buying into all that guff that your father needs reminding that you care for him. If he's so senile that he can't remember that then he's too old and should be left to wander out of the house one night in his dressing gown and forgotten about...

Seriously though, happy Fathers day Dad. Your present is in the shop. Go buy it.

No comments: