Search This Blog

6/20/2005

At the stroke of 1am...

I log on and try desperately to think of something to write about on here. And guess what? Nothing comes to mind. Selah, so it goes.

I could fill you all in on my day at work but that'd only bore both you and I. Trust me on that. There's more excitement in a bowl of Rice Crispies than there is at my work. But that's not what I'm going to write about tonight so this paragraph now comes to an end.

Today's time away from work has been spent reading The Trials of Lenny Bruce and I have to say that if it weren't for Lenny Bruce a lot of American comedians would still be doing "Take my wife, please take my wife" jokes. How much Lenny Bruce went through and how much it affected, and changed, the freedom of speech laws in America is beyond belief. Should you so desire you can read more about Lenny Bruce's trial by clicking here. I know I'll be plunging my way through the transcripts of the trial when I have the time. I recommend you do too.

And now as I'm working tomorrow I'm off to bed. Stay happy.

No comments: