Search This Blog

5/28/2005

Potholes and palm trees.

We got back from Mozambique yesterday night at about 5pm.

In particular my memories of Mozambique are of Inhambame being a place that I would move to in a heartbeat.

When we all went there last week there was a parade on due to the new President of the country visiting. Flags of many colors were nailed to the trees at the side of the road and banners proclaiming who the locals should vote for were draped between palm trees everywhere. It seemed that everyone that lived in the town was on the streets singing and showing their support for the democratic process. How little they know, I thought. Just wait until they realize that democracy is just another way for the elite to fuck you over. Then the shit will really hit the fan again for this beautiful country and there may be another civil war. But I hope that doesn't happen. I'd like to see nothing but positive things happen for the people and the places of Mozambique and Inhambame.

Wherever I go in the future there will always be the memory of Inhambame close to the front of my mind.

The local Jail was also nice. But that's another story... Which will be written at a later date.

No comments: