Search This Blog

4/06/2005

Quid novi ex Africa?

Oh joyous days.

Following the slight hiccup in my plan to go to Africa for the month of May I have now managed to secure a seat on a plane.

In roughly 24 days & 17 hours I'll be boarding a Boeing 747 and heading off into the sunset to experience the country that is the birthplace of the Human race. How cool is that? A whole month of Rum and Sun. I bet you're really jealous huh? Go on, admit it. You'd love to be in my shoes.

Sorry if it seems like I am gloating, Its just because I am. Ho Ho.

My younger Cousin Tamlyn whom I should have been flying out with, Had the ticket she had going spare been transferable, will be flying the same day about an hour or so earlier.

My older Cousin Steven is arranging an itinerary for our visit. Ideas about where we will be going have been bandied about but as such nothing is set in stone so I'll not bore you with that just now. I'll bore you about that later. Now is the time for gloating shamelessly.

This trip is, I'm sure, going to be a life changing journey where my eyes and mind are opened to thoughts, visions and perceptions unknown before. Always a good thing in my opinion.

And guess what? You can also join in on this journey by keeping reading this blog. Trust me on that. I may not be Hemmingway when it comes to prose but I'll try my best to make whatever I write enjoyable and vivid.

I thought I'd better say that just so you don't feel as though I'm still gloating...

No comments: