Search This Blog

4/28/2005

I was worried for a minute.

I was reading through my booking details today for my trip to Africa and spotted something that made me almost shit in my pants. I aint done that for almost a year now. I was very drunk at the time... Don't ask.

What I spotted while reading through the flight details was this paragraph...
For other than UK departure, please check locally with the outbound airline. We recommend that you contact your airline directly to reconfirm onward or return flights 72 hours prior to departure. Reconfirming your first flight is not necessary.
Holy Fuck! Thought I, It's less than 72 hours until I fly out and I haven't done that. Oh Bugger.

So in a slight panic I picked up the phone and dialed Expedia on their customer helpline. The call was answered by a very nice guy named Steven who informed me that the flights were A-OK and not to panic about it. It turns out that this is merely a precaution for people who would like the peace of mind of talking to a real person rather than trusting to modern technology.

I haven't felt so relieved since the last time I shit myself...

No comments: