Search This Blog

4/11/2005

Cold beer and Pizza...

What more could a man ask for?

Strong drugs? Possibly. But, not tonight my friends. This is not a night for strong drugs. This is a night for cold carlsberg, cigarettes and communication...

I have to say I do have an almighty urge to get my pipe out and take a long hit of Salvia Divinorum, which I have in a small plastic tube next to my PC, but this drug totally distorts time and space and I'd only end up rambling incoherent shit that would make sense to only me. That's not much fun for you is it?

Besides, I have Pink Floyd's The Wall playing on my media player and this album should not be used in conjunction with any drug stronger than Vitamin C. The latest scientific studies show that mixing Pink Floyd and strong drugs has been known to cause acute paranoia, depression and strange thoughts of how to travel through time. Or it does for me anyhow.

Maybe I should dig out my copy of Nick Drake's Five Leaves Left and take a trip with British musics most unrecognized genius. Or how about I rake around on my bookshelf and read aloud "Down by the salley gardens" by W B Yeats as I am carried off to the Earth-through-the-third-eye that Salvia opens in the mind.

But for what purpose? I have attained all the knowledge that Salvia can bestow when I, stupidly, took too much and visited the garden of wisdom. Doing so again would be an exercise in futility. It may lead down paths only slightly traveled in my mind. Enlightenment through chemical enhancement should be taken at a reasonable pace. Never rush in where the footholds are uncertain.

Down by the Salley Gardens. W. B. Yeats.
Down by the salley gardens
My love and I did meet;
She passed the salley gardens
With little snow-white feet.
She bid me take love easy,
As the leaves grow on the tree;
But I, being young and foolish,
With her would not agree.

In a field by the river
My love and I did stand,
And on my leaning shoulder
She laid her snow-white hand.
She bid me take life easy,
As the grass grows on the weirs;
But I was young and foolish,
And now am full of tears.
If in doubt always remember; Walk with care through the garden, lest you annoy the Gardener.

No comments: