Search This Blog

4/25/2005

Cleanliness is next to Godliness...

Unless you have the same dictionary as I do, In which case it's next to Claymore and directly above Cleat.

I've just spent the last hour or so cleaning my flat. The dirty dishes are no longer piled up so they look like a Damien Hurst homage to the tower of Pisa... There is no longer a pile of clothes in the washbasket that bare an uncanny resemblance to the Jim Henson junk monster from the movie "Labyrinth." However, It's highly possible that by doing the dishes I've inadvertently killed off a cure for several diseases. After all that's how Alexander Fleming discovered penicillin.

The ashtrays are so clean I feel guilty using them. But, I can't leave the house in a shit state for a month now can I? Yeah, OK, I probably could but it wouldn't look very good now would it? Not that I really give a flying fuck about what state the house is in. That's the last thing that will be on my mind when I'm sitting on a beach in South Africa drinking Rum.

No comments: