Search This Blog

3/18/2005

Oh come all ye faithful... Honda aint triumphant!

The Moto GP season gets underway on the 10th of April and even though I know it's all fixed by the organizers before the season gets underway I'm still looking forwards to watching Valentino Rossi, Sete Gibernau, Max Biaggi, Colin Edwards, Troy Bayliss.. Et al ride millions of pounds worth of motorcycles to their absolute limit. And, on occasion, beyond.

I've loved watching GP's faithfully ever since watching BBCs Grandstand when I was still wearing shorts. Not that I have stopped wearing shorts, In fact, I'm currently wearing a pair of rather fetching Bermuda shorts...

My tips for this years championship in the Moto GP class are,
  1. Valentino Rossi. A man who, it would seem, does not believe in physics and if he does then only acknowledges them when he really must. Possibly the greastest rider of his era.
  2. Colin Edwards. I'd love to see Colin Edwards lift the trophy but I fear he will not be given the same support from the team as Valentino will. Colin has always been a consistantly good rider who will make a bike, whether it is a World Superbike or a GP machine, do seemingly impossible things.
  3. Troy Bayliss. Just 'cos he's from Australia and because he can light up the rear and smoke the tyres on any bike and make it look easy. Which it isn't.

No comments: