Search This Blog

3/19/2005

Cacoethes scribendi

It's been a long couple of days. I've not slept much more than an hour since 2pm on Thursday.

The Comedy Writers Masterclass was on Friday. At 11am Friday morning I was standing outside St Andrews Square bus station drinking a 6 esspresso shot latte coffee, smoking like the Marlboro lab workers favorite beagle, wearing a Hawaiian shirt and sunglasses in the pouring rain. At 12:15 I was in a bar opposite Buchanan Street Bus station in Glasgow drinking rum and coke.

The venue for the masterclass was The Stand comedy club on Woodlands Road. It went well. A lot of hints on where to send scripts and how to format them were gained. The knowledge I now have stored in my head will be put to use over the coming months to put together some of my comedy skits into some TV companies. Only time will tell if I'll get something put out on air. I'll keep you up to date on any happenings so stay tuned and all will come to fruition. I hope.

I'm also putting together a project with my friend Steff involving us making a few small comedy skits and filming it to put up on the net. This should be fun. We also plan on doing a lot of stuff when the Edinburgh Festival is on in August. Street interviews, mad scenes in public areas, etc etc.

No comments: