Search This Blog

2/28/2005

Never leave anything unsaid.

There are a few things in our lives that we wish we hadn't done. And there are things that we wish we hadn't said. On the other hand there are things we wish we had done or had said.

It doesn't matter what the deed or speech was or wasn't. What matters is that you can always make up for doing the wrong thing. People will forgive you. They're like that if you approach them with an honest heart and an open hand.

Today I received one of those fill-in-the-blanks-to-the-question E-mails. It was from a friend whose father has recently passed away and one of the questions was along the lines of "Who would you like to go back and talk to." Her answer was her Dad. It nearly broke my heart.

Not only did it almost break my heart but it made me realize that there are things that I have never told people that I am close to. This post is meant to rectify this.

To my Mum,
Hello Mother. It's your boy here. The mad one. I just wanted you to know that never a day has went past when I didn't thank my lucky stars that you were & always will be my Mother. No matter how much of a shitheaded fool I've been at times you have always been there for me unquestioningly. No problem was, or ever will be, too big.

To my Dad,
I once thought that you didn't care about me or how I turned out. Now I know that was because I didn't see you with a mind mature enough to understand what being a father is. Sometimes you have to be hard on people to let them see the love behind your actions. I realize that now.

To my Sister,
Sarah, you are the best Sister anyone could ever have. I would, without any doubt, die for you or any of your kids. I love you more than words can say. You are a shining example of a human being. A blazing star in a room with no light.

To my Brother,
Stuart; you, more than anyone, have been a puzzle to me all my life. Something about you always seemed to me to be unobservable quantity. Like trying to measure quantum particles. (Or whatever the fuck it is that changes when you scientists attempt to observe it. No doubt you know what they're called.) But now I think I know what that thing is. It's the love you have for all of your family. For that I admire you more than you may ever know.
To my brother in law.
I have no doubt that you will love, care for and protect my sister until the sun sets forever. You're more a brother to me than a brother in law. Mi casa, su casa.

To my sister in law.
Julie. You are the woman my brother loves so much it hurts. Ergo so do I. If I can ever do anything for you just ask. No task would be refused.

To Lawry, Daisy, Alexandra, Cameron & Matthew; My Nieces and Nephews,
Hello kids. Uncle Ross is a nutcase. You're young and innocent and full of wonder at this crazy life. Just like I am.

And...

I LOVE YOU ALL. Now and forever...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mummy and daddy said your just the bestest of the best, and we love you to bits.